I love teaching the MYC program and interacting with children and their parents. MYC®
is family centered and wholistic in its approach to music education. After finishing MYC®
, children continue on, in music in private piano studies, other instruments, choirs, or just enjoy music around them.
It gives me much joy to be able to teach children music and the value it adds to their lives. I enjoy helping children grow to their full musical potential as we acknowledge their strengths and individual creativity. I see the many cognitive and developmental benefits music offers and wish to share it with this generation.
The music studio features:
The Studio Location:
- a 1000 square foot basement space with a private entrance, student/sibling waiting room, studio washroom, studio music/instrument storage room, 20' x 20' MYC piano studio with a galley kitchen for preparation of food and refreshments for class social activities
- a 10' x 14' private studio with a Yamaha PSR-E323/YPT-320 keyboard
- four full sized electric pianos (Korg, Roland & Yamaha) and a 69 key Casio for MYC student use. Students have access to a Roland electric harpsichord, a Muser M42 xylophone, and a three octave Suzuki Floor Keyboard
- sunny yellow walls, south facing windows, heated tiled entry, wood studio floors, and a woodstove to complement the electric heat in winter
- maximum number of students and parents in an MYC Group Piano Class is six.
- a Main Floor studio is 400 square feet of L-shaped carpeted space used for MYC Sunrise and tmc Music Pups classes. The student washroom is accessed from inside the studio.
- maximum number of students and parents in MYC Sunrise is eight and in tmc Music Pups is ten.
The Music House
1142 Ash Street
Campbell River, BC V9W 1G7
Studio Tel: (250) 923-6103
Studio Fax: (250) 923-6004
- Parking is available on the street in front of the studio and on the graveled area as well. Please do not block any driveways.
- The yard is fenced for the safety of the younger students.
- A student may use the trampoline in the yard with his/her parent's permission and direct parental supervision. Only one person on the trampoline at a time.
- siblings using the waiting room are not under supervision
My Music for Young Children®
students receive a good foundation from which to learn virtually any other musical instrument. They learn in a fun environment and develop a sense of discipline and structure. They have an opportunity to interact with other children and develop friendships. Students participate in two recitals yearly. They enter an international composition contest in February.
Their parents have a chance to see their child interact in a group situation. Their parents see exactly what the student is learning and are better equipped to help them with practicing.
Students and parents enjoy a one hour class that has singing, keyboard instruction, fun music games, rhythm ensembles, and composing. P.S......parents get to learn piano too!
For more information regarding class schedules and tuition fees, please refer to the Schedule
Students in private lessons have many beginner methods to choose from such as Alfred, Bastien, Celebrate Piano, Faber & Faber, Music Tree, etc. and may choose one that fits their style of learning. Most Methods address the styles of music with supplementary books on Jazz, Rock, Popular, Religious, Blues, Christmas, Country, to name a few. Materials will be tailored to the individual student. All lesson books will be paid for by the parent. Extra repertoire is available from my studio library. Returning private students will have a studio fee of $25.00 in June.
Exams and festivals are optional, but often a good idea. Costs for these are separate from my tuition and studio fees.
Private students participate in Studio Master Classes and two recitals yearly.
1142 Ash Street, Campbell River, BC, V9W 1G7, Canada
(250) 923-6103  E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org